Stephen J. Piercey Geological Consulting offers a range of field, desktop, and lab-based services…
Stephen J. Piercey has expertise and research interests in volcanogenic massive sulfide (VMS) deposits, sediment- and volcanic-hosted mineralization (Cu, U, Pb-Zn), orogenic Au deposits, uranium deposits, and shale-hosted ore systems; regional mapping and tectonics; hydrothermal alteration studies; ore mineralogy and petrology; lithogeochemistry, radiogenic isotopes and geochronology; quality control and quality assurance; and Cordilleran and Appalachian metallogeny and tectonics.
Field Based Services
- Geological mapping.
- Lithostratigraphy and facies mapping.
- Hydrothermal alteration mapping.
- Prospect evaluation.
- Design and execution of geochemical and geochronological surveys.
- Design of field-based QA/QC programs.
- pXRF survey design for core and surficial materials.
- Prospect evaluation and verification visits for NI-43-101 qualifying reports.
- Field-based courses in core logging and geological mapping.
- Petrography of alteration and ore minerals.
- SEM/SEM-MLA/EPMA studies of ore and alteration minerals and concentrates to understand, mineral locking, and element residence and siting within ore minerals.
- SIMS-based studies of S and Pb isotopes in ore minerals.
- TerraSpec and pXRF analysis of assay pulps and rocks for proof of concept testing of applicability in real-time exploration.
- Literature surveys, editing, and writing of reports.
- Assessment report writing.
- NI-43-101 qualifying report writing.
- Compilation and evaluation of lithogeochemical, mineralogical and isotopic data.
- QA/QC audits and evaluation of QA/QC data.
- Professional development courses in VMS and orogenic Au deposits, hydrothermal alteration, lithogeochemistry, mineral chemistry, QA/QC methods, and infrared spectroscopy/pXRF.