Stephen J. Piercey Geological Consulting
Stephen J. Piercey, PhD, PGeo, FGC
Stephen J. Piercey Geological Consulting (SJP GeoConsulting) is a St. John’s (Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada)-based geological consulting company specializing in field studies of mineral deposits, with particular emphasis on volcanogenic massive sulfide (VMS) deposits, orogenic Au deposits, and other volcanic- and sediment-hosted deposits, and the application of lithogeochemistry, mineralogy, and infrared spectroscopy to understanding volcanic stratigraphy, hydrothermal alteration studies, and and mineral deposit genesis.
Stephen J. Piercey Geological Consulting offers a number of services including:
- Field-based studies of mineral deposits and mineral deposit belts, including regional to prospect scale mapping, drill core studies, and lithofacies, stratigraphic, and alteration studies.
- Lithogeochemical survey design and interpretation for chemostratigraphy and alteration.
- Petrographic studies, including ore petrology, concentrate liberation studies, and primary and secondary (alteration) silicate mineral studies using standard microscopy, SEM, EPMA, and LA-ICP-MS.
- Literature survey and data compilation.
- Project and prospect evaluation.
- Instruction of field- and classroom-based courses in mineral deposits, field methods, volcanic and sedimentary stratigraphy, and lithogeochemistry.
- Assistance with laboratory selection, analytical data package selection, and establishment and evaluation of quality control and quality assurance (QA/QC) programs.
- Qualified person for NI-43-101 qualifying reports.
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.